LIFE IN YELLOW

Thursday, May 27, 2004

It felt like goodbye,

though he called it a class evaluation. After class last night, I trickily avoided being taken out by someone else so Derek and I have could have one last go of Yellow time before the official decision.

At first I began to second guess my decision. Then we sorta recounted everything that happened since the first time we met. It was a good night, of sorts. But it went on too long, I'm too tired now, and I didn't get a kiss at all. I probably could have gotten one before we began talking, but I didn't trick him into it. Anything other than a final goodbye kiss is going to have to be his doing. Which means, it most likely won't happen.

I really hope every time we hang out before I leave doesn't feel like goodbye. It's not really goodbye. Remember, moving on doesn't have to be letting go.

But it did reconfirm my decision by the end of the night. I AM moving.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations! Making a decision feels good, doesn't it? The hard part is the agonizing suspense of indecision, but when it's made, it's all done and all that's left is preparing for what's ahead. I'm glad for you. I didn't say happy, because I know you'll be leaving Derek behind, but glad because I know how it feels to have the decision burden lifted. But I am happy for *me* because you'll be closer! :)

    -idaho divorcée

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home