LIFE IN YELLOW

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

He's making an effort

Derek called me at lunch. He has a class to review for his engineering certification exam after work today, so he wanted to make sure and get in touch with me.

Of course his answer was "I do like you, and if you go I'll buy your children's book when it comes out, and show Yellow Appreciation from time to time. I don't know if that's a good enough answer for you, but with the deadline and all, that's what I've come up with."

"And what if I stay?" says I.

"Well, I might still buy your book, and there would still be Yellow Time." laugh.

"Would anything change?"

Silence. Thinking. "I guess I would step it up a notch, but I don't think I'm prepared for anything big."

What is it with these Mormon boys and thinking just having a girlfriend is such a big deal?! It's only dating, with the benefit of not having to figure out who to call when you need a date.

As usual. Clear as cellophane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home