LIFE IN YELLOW

Friday, May 21, 2004

The Road

I'll never know if we'd go sour,
you played rotten from the start.
I played blue, a plastic flower,
even tried to play my heart.

And it's not my fault we missed it,
though I hit it, fun and all.
I could play this game forever
or be gone to Oregon.

The 97's had a reason,
it was 'cause they were nineteen.
But I was back in 97
and you're twenty-nine and mean.

And it's not my fault that we missed it,
though I hit it, scared and all.
I could hear these songs forever,
or move on to Oregon.

See, I shouldn't really stay here,
you might realize you care.
Hey - at least you learned to cuddle-
She can pick it up from there.

And it's not my fault we missed it
though I hit it, tears and all.
I could drive this road forever
or go on to Oregon.

And I'm gone to Oregon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home