LIFE IN YELLOW

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Sometimes I know how to share...

but only sometimes. Here's an email and reply I received today about this very blog! (>emailer, *me)

>I've spent about 10 minutes reading your blog. You sound interesting... that color thing seems like too much like a mlm racket though. I'm still trying to figure out that 4 letter personality test scheme ( I forget it's name). I haven't figured out your age yet, or where you're from... but I'm here outside of Winston-Salem.

*Thanks for reading. mlm? I'm sorry, I don't know what that stands for. The 4 letter thing is called Meier-Briggs. They've dubbed me an ENXP (Equally split between an ENFP and an ENTP). I wouldn't call it a scheme, though it's not something to live your life by. I don't LIVE by the color code, it just fits me, that's all. They are both based on different things, all interesting. (I took psychology of personalities in college - didn't learn much new info, as its always been a hobby of mine, but the two tests are different schools.)

You'll be able to figure my age if you read one of the first few blogs. (Don't forget to read its date - I'm a few years older now.) I'm not really from anywhere right now. It's just a life stage. I'm from wherever I've been. Huh? Exactly. You're in NC, or MA? I may go to... well either one... next. I don't know. They are both in the running.


>So would Dwight Yokam be too much like Brooks and Dunn? What about Beck's latest? or Elvis Costello's more country influenced stuff.

*No. Your musical taste is approved. :)


>I spent most all of my twenties married, so I never experienced the "Dating" lesson.


*And you are now how old? Oh, it's too bad you missed that lesson! It's great. (I wouldn't really know, as I attend RS, but that was said with the heartiest sarcasm.)

> After my 20s I felt too much like the guys we made fun of during my pre-mission years. You know the one's who the girls upon seeing would with desperation snatch the closest guy to them at the slight hint of movement in their direction.

*The "Social Mis-fits." Yes, I know them. Very well.

>I'm not sure if I agree with your dating for fun, just getting to know her philosophy.

*What? Dating must begin as fun, or it will never go anywhere with me. First Fun, THEN Friends, THEN let something develop. People that want SOMETHING before they even know someone scare me, and are usually too intensely serious that I end up hurting them because they don't appreciate my playful nature.

>I always remember the "chasity" (sic) talks we got as priests and the fear of eternal damnation those left us with. That was so long ago (but not in a galaxy far, far away).

*Chastity. It's a good way to be. Too bad it left so many afraid to kiss. Poor kids don't know what they're missing! At least the fear of kissing keeps them chaste, though, eh?

>So you do something related to politic's (sic), or did i infer too much?

*Not by way of profession, it's just another hobby. But it could be a profession one day, maybe. I like to do my part to serve my community. I have done some, and will continue, certainly.

>Ever been to Pat's Steaks in Philly or Geno's? Both of them are very good.

*No I haven't, but I'm afraid to trust what people say is very good here. I'm not really into any of the food I've had on the East Coast. I'm more of a "California cuisine" kind of girl. Give me light and healthy and I'm happy.

>going to read more of your musings.

*Enjoy. Thanks again.

Yellow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home