LIFE IN YELLOW

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Time Well Spent

Derek treated me to dinner at Panera, "Putt-putt" mini golf (where I made a fantastic comeback an the second nine, and won with a decided victory), one game of air hockey, one episode of "Malcom in the Middle," plenty episodes of tickles and snuggles, and one real compliment. Thank you. You're welcome. It was great.

I like how he lets me dump all my complaints in my "don't pity me, I just want to tell somebody" way. He asks for them ("How was Valley Forge and Dancing"), then listens, then smiles and says some Slovak word that is exactly like when my mother would say "poor baby" - meaning I have no sympathy, so quit your complaining at get over it, but I still think you're a great person. I wish I could remember how to spell that word. It sounds like Hoo-Dee-air-Kuh. I know it stars with a "Ch" in its spelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home