LIFE IN YELLOW

Saturday, May 08, 2004

For what it's worth...

...it wasn't. I'm out $5 gas - $3 tolls - and 6 hours of a beautiful Saturday afternoon.
I brought my own food to the BBQ, just in case, and I'm so glad I did. Hot dogs and hamburgers are ick. I like BBQ, but only in certain instances... shall we say Gormet BBQ. A Snob. Yes. Ok. I admit it.
Some ultimate frisbee was ok, and the few times I got a chance to be involved I did very well. I contributed to some goals, even. But too many times of being wide open and completely ignored brought back elementary school and Young Women's sports bad memories. And I didn't meet any new guys. I was totally uncomfortable. With everyone.
Although, Survival Boy was there. I overheard him admitting to someone else that he has a crush on me. Hello! What is it with these YOUNG boys! So discovering that made me uncomfortable with even him.

You know those times where you're surrounded by people and you feel totally alone. YSA activities are that way for me about 98% of the time. Sometimes it's depressing. Sometimes, you don't care, because anyone you'd care to be with is no where to be found. Today was that second one.

Speaking of people I'd rather be with, I'd really like to get a job in Philly. Derek just needs more time, but I think he'll figure out how much he likes me. But right now, I only have one more month here, and that's not enough time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home