LIFE IN YELLOW

Thursday, May 13, 2004

What kind of Music do you like?

Having the same, or at least similar musical tastes is a big plus.

I always check out the CD collection. Here's what I look for:

1) Musical taste comes first, of course.
*If I see Brooks & Dunn or anything likeunto it, just ew.
*If I see a bunch of bands I know and like, good.
*If they have bands I like, PLUS a bunch of bands I've never heard of, even better. I always love discovering new music.
2) If the REAL CD's, not burned ones, are dominant, that is a good thing. You understand the value of supporting musicians.
3) Are they kept in good condition, or thrown everywhere and scratched? They don't have to be perfect and alphabetized, just respected.
4) I used to think having several of the same CD's was a good sign, but I have revised that opinion.
*First, because my own collection isn't very good. I'm poor, and if I allowed myself to purchase all the CD's I'd like, I'd have to use my "flirt for food" method much more frequently.
*Plus, I have a bad knack of somehow owning the worst CD of every good artist.
*Most importantly, were this CD collection eventually to become part joint property, I would much rather have our music collection double, than end up with a bunch of pointless duplicates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home