LIFE IN YELLOW

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Cute

I was right. I am cute today. At least my roommate complimented me before I left for church this morning.

I talked to two new guys today, and a few that I've spoken with before and never really did anything about. Nothing worth getting excited about happened, though. There was a slick without-even-talking exchange in giving Derek his Wilco CD back, while another guy (Peruvian, but not the cute Latino guy I've talked to almost every week, and gotten NOWHERE with) was convincing me to go to dinner at his place that night. Peruvian has dinner at his place almost every week, and I've turned him down too many times, so today I gave in. But, as is my unluck with guys, he asked me out on an official date before the dinner and escape was over. This guy is about 5 ft. tall, and not extremely bright. I didn't flat out say no, but I did warn him I'd be very busy the rest of my tenure here (which is true).

Why don't cute LDS guys ask me out? They rarely even talk to me. What is it? The non-cute LDS guys I'm not remotely interested in ask me out a lot. Cute Non-LDS guys ask me out all the time. What's the deal? I think I'm competing with too many Barbies. Really.

That's the real mistake I made with Derek. He was the first active LDS guy that I liked and that liked me back (or so I thought) so I got really excited and felt like going in full force. Well, that obviously was a stupid approach, and didn't work.

I don't want to play this game. I just want a cute LDS guy to pay attention and see how cute I am, and blah blah blah get on with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home