LIFE IN YELLOW

Friday, May 21, 2004

He Tries to make himself feel Better

I talked to Idaho-Blue on the phone today. I don't think he realizes it, but every time we talk he tells me about yet one more person who doesn't like me.

"Yeah, we were talking about you the other day. They were talking about how much so-and-so doesn't like you, but I stood up for you."

It's more detailed than that, but it's a new person every time. I don't even ask what people say, it's just what he brings up every conversation. Do this many people really not like me? I don't think that's really what's happening. See, I know the way Idaho-Blue works. It's a manipulation thing. He has to prove what a loyal good friend he is when nobody else is so that I'm obligated to keep him as a friend. (And he wonders why he loses friends!) He knows that it really hurts to be told that people don't like you, and so he exaggerates it. So far, almost everyone I used to know there has been painted as a bad mean person who doesn't like me at all. Actually, he's done that about everyone I knew there excepting Idaho-White, and for some reason he keeps asking why we (Idaho-White and I) aren't still trying to stick together.

But I refuse to believe him. It's just one of his tricks he plays to feel better about himself. I mean, some of those people are the few who faithfully read my blog. They can't hate me that much.

2 Comments:

  • I don't hate you... even though you hate my anonymity.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM  

  • I don't hate you either, even though you told me that Idaho Blue told you once that I did something mean or something. Maybe it was that I was mean to him... Now I don't remember. Oh, now I do. I was too honest to him, I think. I must admit, I do talk about you occasionally, but it's typically "Oooh, I LOVE chocolate chip cookie dough. One time, Yellow was over here playing games and she and Idaho White and I walked to Tidyman's in the middle of the night just to get some. We ate it in under ten minutes." or something like that.

    p.s. I love your song. When I started reading it, I thought it was the lyrics of the 97 song you were talking about, but then I caught on to things I knew you would write... Very well written. I bet it would be awesome to music. What style?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home