LIFE IN YELLOW

Saturday, September 18, 2004

It Rains in Portland

And it is a happy rain. Not the oppressive "you're state will soon be recognized as the marsh that it is" rain of New Jersey. No. It's a sprinkle, then clear, then a mist, then sunshine, then a downpour, then light. It has been said of Portland, "If you don't like the weather here, just wait five minutes." Fortunately, I LOVE it!

I had to walk to the bank for work yesterday, and it happened to have five minutes of downpour just when I left. At first I thought "Uh, oh" until I was in it - and I became somewhat giddy. Especially when one big glob of water fell behind my glasses and splashed me in the eye. It was sunny for my walk back from the bank.

I do need to get a rain jacket, though. I have zero water resistant attire.

Last night Mvob and I took a mini-trip to go on a mini-hike. We went part way up Multnomah Falls, a place I've been told to go. Mui touristi - but they actually have nice patches, so I'll have to go back and buy one. We only went part way up because it was dark. We went to this little bridge that crosses over the middle of the falls. Ahhh.

We then stopped by New Seasons - my new favorite grocery store, that is right by my house (though I feel a little guilty every time I go there instead of the co-op for something I could at the co-op) - to see if perhaps by chance they carried Stephen's Gourmet Hot Chocolate (my favorite Hot chocolate). They DO! New Seasons carries everything I like that I haven't been able to find elsewhere in town, Sweet Nothings ice cream substitute, the No-Flour sprouted bread I like - AND Stephen's Gourmet! :)

We had hot chocolate floats and watched Horse Feathers, another Marx Brothers movie. Not as good as day at the races, but still good.

Today was YSA temple baptism day. We both went. Mvob's cousin was also there. His cousin is the first of his family that I met, but they haven't really been talking since Mvob and I began dating. It was nice to see them talking again, and joking around. The three of us went out to eat at a Teriaki place afterward. I had Potstickers, though they were called something else in a language I don't understand. "And then my shoes started to squeek. And then the horns kicked in." Sorry if that didn't make any sense to you, random song time struck again. Look up 2nu's "Ponderous" and then you'll get the reference.

Oh yeah, so Mvob's cousin was performing the baptisms, and Mvob was a witness. When I first went in there his cousin said "Sister [insert Mvob's last name here]" jokingly. *hem-ahem*

We may be going to an ice cream social, or hiking and a campfire, or both tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home