LIFE IN YELLOW

Friday, September 10, 2004

Name Change

Usually I would comment to comments in the comment section... but those were good comments! (To the last post.)

First, I'm dating a jock. Whoa. That's a first!
Second, being rebellious but to shy to ever follow through with it is probably it exactly. Although he's anything but shy now ("mission skills" said in the voice of Napoleon) he says he was severely shy in High School.
Third, I'll take a little more credit regarding my "dating skills" and "straightforwardness skills." (My numbchuck skills have a way to go still, though.) If I was interested in dating someone else I would make sure to clarify the relationship status before pursuing. (Ask Idaho White - I was seeing someone when I met him, and definitely "got permission" if you will to start seeing him. Then, we remained open (for my sake) the entire first year of our dating.) If I cared, or was worried if he wanted to date others, and I didn't want him to I would also bring up the DTR - which I've always been the one to do. . . . until now.

Crazy! I was pondering relationship status because of what others were saying about "us." This time, for the first time, HE brought up the DTR. This guy is as straight forward and blunt as I am. No guessing. This, and being the pursued, is so refreshing after Derek! (Derek's still a good guy, though.)

So the result of the DTR has determined that The Republican has graduated from Seeing/Dating status to boyfriend status. Therefore, I think we will change his name from The Republican to . . . My Boyfriend? Hmmm - no - if we do that, then I'd have to refer to any possible future boyfriends by something else. Wait - no I wouldn't. When they are current, I guess they can earn that title, eh. Ok, The/my boyfriend. Or using his phrasing for the sake of silliness: my very own boyfriend.

8 Comments:

  • Or possibly, M.V.O.B.

    *giggle*

    -I.D.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

  • MoVe on Old Boy?
    Most Volunteers Only Bite?
    More Volume On Blaster?
    :)

    By Blogger Amberlynn, at 1:15 PM  

  • mormon version of "boyfriend"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 PM  

  • A BOYFRIEND!!????
    OK,OK, this has gotten way out of hand. I thought all this banter was hypothetical. 1st off has he ever said "I loved my mission, best 6 months of my life!"? What is his phone number? has he had a nice sit down with with a bald guy I know....wait. Is HE bald?

    Hold on...hard to breathe...falling apart...getting angry! This is my sister...IM KICKING HIS BUTT! (how big is he?)

    By Blogger brohammas, at 3:18 PM  

  • Bro - Has anyone proposed the idea of getting therapy for your paranoia? Give me some credit here! Wait, you're my big brother. Think of it this way - who would you pick out for me? Then, ask logical questions. Take a deep breath. You make me laugh. :)
    No he isn't bald.

    By Blogger Amberlynn, at 5:02 PM  

  • Ooh, ooh, More Volume On Bass. No, silly, I meant My Very Own Boyfriend. But I'm betting you knew that already... :) You could pronouce it, "em-vob". *LOL*

    I.D.

    p.s. I'm leaving Idaho White. I've spontaneously moved across town to live above a tattoo studio.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 PM  

  • Did I miss something? What does DTR stand for?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

  • DTR -
    Determine The Relationship.
    When you have that little talk about "Am I your Girlfriend, just a friend, blah blah blah"

    By Blogger Amberlynn, at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home