LIFE IN YELLOW

Sunday, August 29, 2004

I already finished the cookies

I had to work my first Sunday since I first quit a job when I was 16 for making me work on Sundays. I had to miss the last block of church, but was there for Sacrament Meeting and Sunday School.

The Republican sat next to me in Sunday school and was being very flirty. I kept telling him to focus. :) We both participated, though. He gave me a hug before I left for work. Right there on the second pew at church. That was strange. He's not a guy who acts different in public or one on one at all. Same guy at all times. Exact opposite of the worried about gossip way that Derek was.

Work was. . . work. Oh well. It wasn't bad at all, though. Derek called while me and it was a laid back enough day that I got to talk to him for a while. He seems to be doing all right. He told me interesting news regarding a man that had joined the ward in Philly while I was there. He was a somewhat poplar Greek guy named Nik. He had been dating this girl, and went with her on a vacation to visit her family in Utah. I never knew Nik too well - it seemed like he avoided me. Well, it turns out Nik is not really Greek, and isn't even Nik. He ended up getting arrested in Utah when he wouldn't pay his tab at a restaurant because he was telling the waitress that he just bought the place so he didn't have to pay. When she called the police on him, they discovered he had several warrants out for his arrest in California. He's been moving around the country going by different names. I feel really bad for the girl who had been dating him. She was a really sweet yet drama queen kind of girl.

Derek also put me back in touch with a mutual Philly friend of ours who is now back home in Seattle until he leaves on a mission. That was especially fun because I think I've convinced that friend to come play in Portland for a bit before he leaves for his mission to Sweden. Yeah!

The best part of the day, though, (besides being woken up this morning by a phone call from my mom :) was that when I came home from work I found a casserole and cookies sitting on my stove. The Republican had brought them over for me. OK, so methinks he likes me.

1 Comments:

  • A casserole! *swoon* *I* like him! That is the most adorable thing I've ever heard! And you definitely deserve someone that won't switch personalities on you. Okay, so he is a Republican, but he does sound pretty good. :) Congrats on the sweet guy!

    -I.D.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home