LIFE IN YELLOW

Monday, August 16, 2004

It takes 5 weeks.

It takes 5 weeks to get a real date in Portland. That's exactly how long it took me, and my collegue who moved out here one week earlier to get a date.

First, I need to clarify that I am not Pro-abortion. My main point in my email was that I felt my brothers basis for his argument was flawed. I have been thinking about pro-choice issues, though, especially as most going-to-vote Republican people I know use it as their #1 issue for why they vote the way they do. I personally feel that misleading people into a war where people who are most definetly alive and definetly going to die because of war is a more serious issue on the moral judgement scale. But, this is not my blog for politics... though perhaps it may touch on that occasionally.

Second, I had my first LDS (pseudo) date in Portland last night. He asked me. We went to a fireside together, and I made him a smoothie afterwards. (Not my best smoothie, I was out of yogurt, and the raspberries were a bit tart.) Don't know enough about him yet to say if there's any potential, but here is what I do know: He's good looking in that preppy-boy way, he's a registered Republican who likes Bush - but used only abortion as his supporting issue as most LDS Bush supporters seem to do, he's 28 or 29 (born in 1975), and he's working to become a physical therapist - not in school right now, but planning to start again in January.

I'll learn more when we go to the YSA dance on Friday.

Oo - gotta go. I'm offline for a bit at home, so I'm here afterhours at work... and need to get out before they leave and set the alarm on me downstairs.

4 Comments:

  • *wince* Pro-Bush Republican...? Was abortion his *only* reason for voting that way? I mean, I'm pro-life, too, but that doesn't stop me from thinking Bush is a moron... Okay, sorry. This isn't a political blog...

    That's cool you got a date! And a physical therapist... I'll bet he gives great back rubs. :)

    Way to go, Yellow!

    -I.D.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

  • Now I remember why it is so hard to agree with much of what I.D. says...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 PM  

  • Is it because I'm pro-life or pro-Kerry? And who are you anyway?

    -I.D.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 AM  

  • Glad the date went well. Hopefully he will turn out to be a good guy and you'll have fun at the dance.

    By Blogger Moi, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home