LIFE IN YELLOW

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Is this a city thing, or am I hot?

I went for a walk just to take a walk, and decided to take one of my left-over disposable cameras that has a few pictures left. As I was taking a picture of this fantastic road sign that has arrows pointing to everything (the ocean, Portland Maine, different attractions in town, just everything) and how far away they are, I noticed a boy hanging up his cell phone and walking toward me. I thought nothing of it, and continued on with my walk.

Later, as I was coming around another block, this boy was again headed toward me. I smiled to acknowledge him as we were about to pass when he stopped and said, "Hi. I was going to talk to you when I saw you last time, but I was chicken. Would you like to go grab a quick tea or something?"

This is not the first time this has happened here in Portland. Is this a city thing, or am I hot?
Why can't LDS boys be so easily casual?
Why can't all of us be so easily willing to meet other people?

1 Comments:

  • I think the fact that you're in a city means that there is a larger representation of different types of people. In this case, people that are attracted to you. Of course you're always attractive, but maybe there just happen to be more people that would pick you out of a crowd where you live now. :) But that's beside the point. The REAL question is, Did you go have tea with him? And was he cute??

    -I.D.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home