LIFE IN YELLOW

Friday, August 13, 2004

THIS is what I'm doing on a Friday night.

They shut off our cable. "They" being the cable company. It was all a mix-up. We don't owe any money. "We" being my roommate and I. She uses cable for TV watching. I don't. I use cable for internet. I've been going crazy. I love to come home, check my email, write a blog, and go to bed. I haven't been able to this week. It's my last chance to get off work early on a Friday - and it's wasted 'cause I don't know anyone to spend it with yet.
So, I'm hanging out in the closed office, checking my email. It's the most exciting Friday ever!

Actually, ok, I guess exciting things happened today. I got to hear both of George W.'s speeches(to his closed, invited guests only Portland appearance) and John Kerry's speech. Not in person, but they did play them on the radio, and we tuned in while working today. This is a non-partisan office, by the way, but "contributions of gifts are not tax deductible because we lobby" on behalf of the public interest.

So, at the urging of the other two directors in the office here, I tried to track down the cute English teacher canvasser today. I don't remember his name, and I talked to the canvass directors today trying to find out if anybody knew him. The ones in the office don't. Darn. I was going to be totally brave and ask him out tonight. Well, I am here at the office, so I am going to keep my eyes peeled to see if I can catch him if I'm still around when he gets back tonight. . . if he worked tonight. If he still works here! He did as of Wednesday, I know 'cause I saw him. But I didn't get brave enough to get his phone number then. I hope I didn't miss my only chance.

1 Comments:

  • oooooh! Excitement, excitement! Cute English teacher sounds fun. Good luck on the hunt!

    I.D.

    ps Idaho White asked out someone that works at M.F.C. yesterday... *grin* She's going dancing with him next week.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home