LIFE IN YELLOW

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Oh the confusion and culture of Mormon Dating

So The Republican and I went out to see Napoleon Dynamite today. He payed, so it was a date. And he took me to eat at his favorite little mexican place right by his house. Then we went "hiking" with his cousin. It wasn't really what I consider hiking at all. Up a hill, down a hill. Only 20 minutes or so. Hiking is at least an hour. But it was nice to be outdoors.

We had originally planned on going hiking for real earlier in the day, but he decided not to because we couldn't find enough people to go. Find enough people to go? Why do we need a group of people to go hiking?

He's starting to be slightly more flirty - rubbing my back for a little bit during the movie and the like... but then even less at the end of the night. Didn't even get out of the car to give me a goodbye hug. There would have been nothing had I not said "Not even a goodnight hug or anything?" I know he's had a girlfriend before, but I wonder if he's kissed. I bet he has and he just thinks I'm not the kind of girl who kisses.

I'm confused by him. He's a super social guy, and has been inviting me to do all sorts of things since I've been here. I'm pretty sure he's interested, but he also seems like the type who could lose interest easily. It doesn't seem to me like we're "dating" at all - even though we go out a lot. But then whenever talking to any of his family (extended and immediate... they're everywhere here) or his friends they refer to "us" as if there is an "us" to refer to. He never says anything to refute that.

I just decided yesterday that I am interested in him.

After going out with him tonight I spent a little time with a few other ladies from the ward. It was a nice time. I spoke with one girl for a little bit about my confusion regarding The Rep. She endorses any interest, and highly recommends him. That's good to know.

Oh, and he's seriously good at chess. I'm positive he could wipe out my brother, who is the chess champion of our family. After some practice and education I might have a chance at turning into competition. Watch out Brohammas!

3 Comments:

  • You're not boring- I'm just trying not to offend your family members... And I'm glad he has green eyes. Green eyes are *definitely* good. How's his sense of humor?

    -I.D.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

  • Don't worry about offending anyone. They know how to disagree without being offended. :)

    By Blogger Amberlynn, at 6:36 PM  

  • not me, I spend most of my time crying after a good debate. Much like the time you may spend crying after I wup yer tail in chess. Please don't get too good, I have experianced a nasty rash of losses to 12 year olds recently, making me feel like a mental degenerate... I was good once I swear I was!

    Ya know what I sorta wish someone would try and offend me, I'm getting a little complacent.

    By Blogger brohammas, at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home