LIFE IN YELLOW

Sunday, September 05, 2004

It was a cuddly day

The picnic was nice. I pulled out my kite for a few seconds, but gave up when the wind decided not to join in the fun. Instead the fun involved watching boys (six brothers and a cousin - of his, not mine!) and kids play baseball and catch with a plastic fat bat and ball, while I joined the cheering section of ladies (his sisters and sis-in-laws) and kids too small to be playing baseball. The six month old likes me, and drooled all over my shoulder. :)

Then The Repub. decided to use me for my cable access and watch the OSU vs. LSU game. I was not offended. It was a good game to watch too... OSU almost won! Then - a bit of the BYU vs. Notre Dame game. I spent much of that time cutting out little fleece bears for a humanitarian aid project for the Relief Society.

We thought it would be fun to walk to the local video store. (Very cute - and smack dab in the middle of the nice residential neighborhood. There's a random coffee/dessert shop, video store, and art place in the center roundabout of my neighborhood. Very nice. Portland, I like you once again.) We rented A Day at the Races, a Marx Brothers film with a good dance scene (and a cheesey dance scene).

Now I'm tired, and very glad that I'm going to bed right now.

1 Comments:

  • Miranda told me about a concept in Danish culture (but don't ask me to spell it... it sounds vaguely like "hiuggly") that doesn't translate to English, but "cuddly" or "familiar" or "cozy" is the gist of it. It's an adjective, I think, that means having a warm, happy informal time with friends, and it's very important to Danish culture.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home