LIFE IN YELLOW

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

What's in a Day?

So I like to make Sunday a day of rest from the cares of the world - a spiritual recharge day. I love the principle about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. It really works - and its effects last the whole week. In the past, I've often excluded myself from overly social things on Sundays for this purpose - where I'll study a subject and write about it for example.

Last Sunday Mvob wanted to go visit a retirement home, just to visit and cheer people up. He's done it before, with his family and when he worked at one. So we called some, and just couldn't find anywhere that would let us come. So instead we just walked around my neighborhood and ate lunch in the middle rose garden/park before going to church. After church we had dinner with his sisters' and their kids. His sisters' had several movies I haven't seen, and invited us to come back after the fireside/talk to watch one. We said ok.

So, we went to the fireside - and it was very good. So far everything for the day had been perfectly uplifting Sunday stuff. We tried to get a copy of the movie The Phone Call (quite likely an influence for Napoleon Dynamite) to watch, but that fell through. So, at Mvob's sisters afterwards, she had picked out 50 first dates. Although they did edit out much of the crudity for me, it was still certainly not what I enjoy as a Sunday activity. I didn't say anything about it, though. Mvob felt bad right away, though. He apologized for it very kindly. I said, "Well, let's not do it again" in a way that was not "bad us!" but more in a "we learned not to, so let's move on" kind of way. He liked that. We had a good talk about what we each like to do on Sundays. Conclusions were good. Standards are set. We were happy.

1 Comments:

  • I love your blog, it is refreshing to find other LDS blogs out there in cyberspace! I have to admit however, that I loved 50 First Dates, and my DH has accused me more than once of being Lucy. I can understand what you mean about it not being great Sunday watching though. ;) Keep on posting the great stuff!

    By Blogger Mika, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home