LIFE IN YELLOW

Monday, September 13, 2004

At a "Rock" concert

It was once said, "Early to bed, early to rise, and your girl goes out with other guys."
Ahhh. Staying up too late. I've never truly been a big fan, and I'm super tired today. But, wonderfully enough, I got to leave work early tonight.

I was going to go to FHE tonight, but they're watching a movie I already own, so I decided it wouldn't be worth it to drive the 1/2 hour to get there when I'm feeling this tired. The movie, BTW, is the New Pride and Prejudice (the "Latter day comedy"). I must say it is very well done. It's no Napoleon Dynamite, but it's good.

Last Saturday Mvob (I like Mormon Version of Boyfriend - good call, with EM-Vob pronunciation) and I went to see Greg Simpson in concert. My little sister saw him several years ago on a bad date, and we kinda made fun of the idea of Mormon-Christian rock type music. (At least he's not Janice Kapp Perry!!!) But now that I don't actually live IN Utah, it's fun to throw back to the nerdy culture of where I grew up. I like it more when I don't live in it. Greg Simpson actually isn't that bad. I admit I really like some of the songs.

The best parts of the concert were those few people in the audience with no inhibitions... one young guy who had to be the center of attention and yell out things that make people laugh because they're embarrassed by/for him (you knew the kind I'm talking about, he's at every LDS social event) and the guy who was so excited to go on stage and shake a rhythm instrument for a song... overweight, in his mid-forties, excitedly singing along the whole song, and dressed in that short sleeve white button down shirt that only Mormons and Legit Idaho Tupperware salesman wear. (If you haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite YET - I almost apologize for all the references that aren't so funny if you haven't seen the movie, but I don't fully apologize because you should have seen it by now.) Also, it's funny when the musician has to say to his audience, "this is rock music. You need to get up and move!" So everyone stood up and moved a little bit, and stiffly at that (except that one guy, who wiggled around like crazy). When the song was over, they promptly sat back down. Are you guys having a killer time?

Other than Mvob having no rhythm and trying to move to the music with his arm around me, it was a good time. That was even still a good time. I've been spoiled with boys who developed rhythm.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a good possibility for a date- dance lessons! :)

    -I.D.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 PM  

  • rhythm is overrated.
    utahbandboy
    "new and improved with black hair!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home