LIFE IN YELLOW

Friday, September 24, 2004

Perfect Opportunity

I got to sleep in today! That's not going to happen again for a month.

Sorry if you can't hear my audio blogs. It's just going to be a whole lot easier to call and leave an audio blog while walking to/from work, or running errands for work, than it is to find time to get to a computer. I'll still probably have moments where I can hop on and read comments, though.

Anyway - last night I had the perfect opportunity for the perfect situation for an audio blog. Live action recording of me opening the surprise Mvob brought me. I actually did call, twice.

My first post worked - but as I listened back I noticed I had used his real name. We don't do that here at Life in Yellow! Oops. And I don't know of any way to go back and change one word like I could had I accidentally written it. The post was about seeing the gift, being surprised because he told me he had brought me a surprise - but I was expecting food like usual. Instead, their was a wrapped gift that said "Happy unbirthday." It looked like a book, maybe? So I was holding the phone, describing what was happening as I went along. Opened the first set of paper, and there was more. The inner wrappings had these articles about a chess guy. He had personalized one of the captions which said "The most important thing is to have fun." He changed "have fun" to "be happy." He likes to tease me about being happy all the time. Then, under that layer were layers of chess magazines taped together. Was he giving me chess magazines? (The addressee on them was his older brother, by the way. Housecleaning!) I had to end the post because getting through the tape was a two handed job.

My second post didn't work, because I forgot to hit the pound key when I was done recording. I just hung up. Ah man! But I was so excited and surprised. He gave me a DVD called "Five LDS Film classics; featuring Cypher in the Snow." I know, big deal, right? Well - my favorite classic, "The Phone Call" is on it! How exciting is that. Not only is "The Phone Call" a great movie, but it's doubtlessly an influence on "Napoleon Dynamite."

I have to go to work now.

2 Comments:

  • That would be awesome.

    By Blogger Amberlynn, at 6:41 PM  

  • Sleeping in is great isn't it? And even better is getting a sweet and thoughtful gift from your man!

    Lucky girl! :)

    By Blogger Mika, at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home