LIFE IN YELLOW

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Dream Wedding

Many girls dream up their perfect wedding - big beautiful dress, big beautiful celebration, etc. I enjoy weddings. They ARE big a beautiful... but no matter how I try I can never actually picture MYSELF in that situation.

I finally came up with my dream wedding:
Me, my partner, and God - alone together in the woods, promising ourselves to each other. That's what it's really about. The deep and important promise you make to each other.

Ok, so with no minister or license, it wouldn't actually be legal, but we're not talking legal here = we're talking dreams.

Later, on that perfect May 1st day - it happened, spontaneously.
I had said yes, and promised just began to pour out. It was my soul telling YF that I would love him for ever for everything. It just happened, to both of us. He said his vows to me, and it was so powerful that we knew it was bigger than both of us.

It was so sacred and special I can't really say more about it. It's not easy to talk about, and even feels cheapening to write about, but I have to just say that my perfect dream wedding didn't only happen - it happened so organically that it was even better than I had dreamed.

4 Comments:

  • **sigh** They really could make a movie about your life - If you put fairy tale wings in it, it would not be too much different! Are you going to add the next two weeks in to this blog? I love hearing your writing style version of it all.... more ***sigh***s
    Sas

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM  

  • Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    By Blogger Pirate Princess, at 9:51 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Mandy, at 1:13 PM  

  • Congrats! Does this make you "ALL"? I had to wait for Lindsey to confirm this was you before I posted.

    By Blogger Mandy, at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home