LIFE IN YELLOW

Saturday, May 21, 2005

What you weren't told....

I should begin with what I've left out.
It began to grow really big on April 24th. A fantastically beatiful Sunday evening when I was there, looking into the amazing eyes of my Yellow farmer.

Suddenly, a blast of sunshine came from his eyes, and he said "Can you guess what I'm thinking." I said I have no idea... I began to guess and he shushed me. We sat in silence for a while and I waited patiently for him to say it. (I was used to communication that happened this way - from both Utah and Idaho White.... but this was definetly different for my Yellow Farmer.)

"Will you marry me?" He asked.
Whoa! And in a surprisingly good way.
"I don't expect you to know the answer, but I felt the question and I just decided to ask. Too many people wait 'till they know the answer to that question until they ask. I don't know the answer, but I want to ask the question."

Wow. I felt amazing, and loved. Of course I didn't know the answer. It was completely unexpected. I just revelled that he would ask.

But then....

I told him that when I was in high school I had this silly little dream of how I would know the person I was going to marry. Oops, shouldn't have said it, and here's why:

Of course I wasn't going to tell him HOW I would know, because then the answer would be contrived.

Now, he would feel like everything he was doing would be a test. He didn't want to be tested. He wanted me to make the decision based on my own heart - not just on his actions.

It truly wasn't a big deal if it happened or not and he, in his adorable emphatic way said "yes it is! Dreams are important! You can't give up on them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home