LIFE IN YELLOW

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Relief!

It was a full-of-fun weekend.
First, Yellow Farmer and I met his family at the movie theatre to watch a fun movie with the kids. I spent most of it more captivated by the kids I was playing with than the movie itself.

Then, we went to a middle school production of Guys and Dolls. For a middle school, it was exceptional. I would put it on par with an average high school production. It was an arts and music specialized school that one of my favorite inspiration friends teaches at.

After that, we drove out to a fun west-coast swing dance, which also included night club two-step, and had a shuffle contest. Usually, we dance lindy and more vintage swing - so this was a fun change.

Finally, was a blues party. The biggest most WOW blues party I've seen. Ok, I think I've only been to about three now, but they're crazy. People were here from SLC, San Fran, Seattle, all over, just for this party. The party was held at Yellow Farmer's best friend's home.

What a day. You'd think the stress would force me to slow down. Instead, the relief of work and decision stress freed me up to be in the spirits to play. It felt SO wonderful.

Importantly: sometime, during the day, there was a little puddle that I little bit splashed in. I gave YF a pixie-devious look which threatened a splash. He replied with "you watch it, girl. I'll splash you back." I didn't. He didn't. But he would, and we would, and I knew it was just a matter of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home