LIFE IN YELLOW

Saturday, May 21, 2005

How I would know -

My high school friends would occasionally ask me, "So, have you been puddle hopping lately?"

By this they meant, anyone close to being spouse material?

My silly chick-flick little-girl dream went like this:

I'd be in the Northwest (Seattle or Portland) revelling in the rain. The fantastic amazing rain or course makes puddles. Puddles are GREAT! For some reason, I would be in a formal dress, like prom or something. Out in the rain, revelling, in my fancy dress.

But look at those puddles just crying to be played in.
Little five year old girls don't think about the fancy dress they're wearing. They listen to the puddle calling "run! jump! splash! live in my joy!"
Five year old girls are my biggest inspiration.

I'd be overcome with the joy of the rain and puddles that I wouldn't even think twice about my dress - SPLASH!

Then, suddenly, SPLASH would happen again... this one not mine. I would turn, and splashing back would be HIM. The man I would marry.

Would I be meeting him for the first time?
Would he be somebody I already knew?
Would I be dating him?
It didn't matter, that's not really the point of the story. It would just be part of the love story. Beginning, middle - whatever, it didn't matter.

But in my fantasy land, that's how I would know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home