LIFE IN YELLOW

Sunday, May 22, 2005

May Day

Well, some places count May 1st as May day.
I'll call it D-day, for decision day.

It happened to me, in much the same way it happened to Erik. We were sitting there, facing eachother and it came flashing like lightning. I KNEW what to do. It was just like when I blurted out "I'm not going to college next year." It was the opposite of what I'd always thought I would say, but I had no doubt it was right.

"Can you guess what I'm thinking?" I said, "Don't guess" I quickly followed up. Very soon the words came out... "Will you let me be your wife?"

Confirmation, assurance, and as the Poor Pastry Boy explains in "A Pyromaniac's Love Story", the sky opened up and stars came pouring down and well, just everything was perfect. The biggest broadest love I'd ever felt was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home