LIFE IN YELLOW

Friday, November 26, 2004

Thanksgiving

We were sitting around the dinner table, Me, Aunt, Uncle, Sister & Hubby, Bro & Wife, Mom, Gram, and Dad. Dad was being silly before opening prayer. Everyone had big smiles on their faces, including Gram (who's very slowly recovering from a recent stroke plus heart attack).
On top of all that, some people actually went the extra mile to make some food specially for me so that there would actually be something at the table that I like. (Yes, I'm a very picky eater, and the usual Turkey Day fare is not my usual pick at all.)

It was amazing, and I can't remember being more grateful on a Thanksgiving day. Before Dad said the opening prayer I was already choking up, and by the end of it I was totally tearing. I wiped it away, and nobody even noticed... until Mom pulled out the video camera and began going around the table making us each say what we're thankful for. When it got to my turn I couldn't even speak.

Some say luck. Some call it a charmed life. Some call it blessed. Some give me the credit. Some say optimism, or naivete. I don't care what your perspective on the situation is (I choose blessed), life is GREEEEEAT!

I even got family to play games with me! (I won RISK twice. The first was a comeback from only having Japan. That's actually the second time I've won making a Holding-Only-Japan comeback.)

1 Comments:

  • Hey there

    I love reading your Blog. I'm from Australia and i stumbled across it somewhere on some LDS Blog ring. Life is good isnt it? I think it's remembering what you have makes it good, as opposed to what you don't.

    Looking forward to your next entry.

    have a good one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home