LIFE IN YELLOW

Monday, October 25, 2004

People Change, or they Don't

You know how most people are one way around their family, another way around their friends, yet another way among strangers, different one on one, and yet different among acquaintances?

One of my favorite things about Mvob is that he's not. He's just as silly and quirky one on one as he in with strangers, with his family, or with my family this weekend. He did silly things all the time... just to make people laugh. For example, while visiting my parents last weekend, my dad pointed me and Mvob out to his stake president. So when the pres. came up to us and said "I heard a rumor that's you're her boyfriend," Mvob replied, "but you can't believe anything I say. It's all rumors, you see, I work for the National Enquirer." Huh? :) Or while we were getting gas in the car, (you can't pump your own gas in Oregon), the attendant said something about our Idaho license plate... Mvob says "Actually, we drove here from Scandinavia." Where does he get these things?

My aunt, who met Mvob this weekend as well, told me - "He's a good fit! Almost as quirky as you." She obviously doesn't know him well enough. I'd say he's even quirkier.

He likes being that way. When people tease him, he totally plays along, and gives them more reasons to tease him. Brohammes, you're a pro at teasing. You would have a lot of material to go on teasing him, and Mvob would pick up on it and just feed you more and more to go on.

But someone who doesn't change the way they are at all... to me, that says two things. #1, he's himself around me - and not afraid to be himself around anyone. #2, "Integrity, integrity, integrity." (Thanks JK's Grandma.)

Speaking of politics, I already voted! It's all vote by mail in Oregon. I did it last weekend. No, I won't tell you who I voted for you, but you can guess amongst yourselves. I'm currently wearing a Tshirt that initially said "VOTE, November 2nd." But I changed it to "I VOTED before November 2nd, have you?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home