LIFE IN YELLOW

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Hey Baby, What's your sign?

My employees are into astrology. I like personality things, but believe so strongly that you become who you choose to be that having your personality determined by when you were born and where the stars were seems absolutely ridiculous to me. For example, at our weekly pizza night (post working hours - subsidized gourmet pizza for the purpose of socializing and recruitment) one of my employees said "Are you a Sagittarius?"
"Why yes, I am," said I.
"No wonder I feel tension between us. I don't get along with Sagittarians. Do you feel the tension?"
"Any tension that is there is something you've imagined, dear." Well, not until now, anyway... I do have little tolerance for those who create their own problematic reality and then seek others to fix it for them.

Another employee was asking if my birthday was coming up in the next couple of months. She's trying to guess my sign and doesn't want any hints. Blah.

But, it's spooky how exactly accurate this is:

"Your Mercury is in Sagittarius" [whatever that means. and my pluto is in the doghouse.]

"You possess vision and foresight, [another test says I'm very psychic - but I already know that] and your mind is often occupied with big ideas, plans, and goals for the future. You are interested in what is possible and what is on the horizon, rather than what has already been done. The study of philosophy, religion, politics, or education is of interest to you, [does all of the above count?] and you are more concerned with theories and concepts than with specific applications. You are not inclined to focus on any one practical, concrete area [thus accomplishing a whole lot of little things in my life - and probably never one really big thing. How do people stick to one thing anyway? I look at Olympians and other masters of their craft and think, but you never get to do anything else with your life. How boring]; you find it irksome to deal with details and particulars. You have a gambling instinct
[I like games of chance, but never involve money] and enjoy speculative enterprises and new ventures. Business, advertising, and promotion would be good areas for you also. [Or my own idealistic non-profit. Better yet, motherhood, eventually.]"

3 Comments:

  • LOL. I just read something about my sign. It says that I have a good memory... just ask my hubby about that one. He calls me Lucy, you know, like in 50 First Dates.

    Signs can be fun, but I agree with you, we get to choose who we become! :)

    By Blogger Mika, at 11:22 PM  

  • I like to read horoscope things, then edit out the parts that don't fit me. Even if they aren't exact (and when are they?), sometimes they point out little things that are true about you and you just never noticed before.

    -I.D.

    ps, I think I'll keep posting comments as I.D. so as not to confuse people that can't hear the audio posts. I don't want them to think this is something *you* said.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 AM  

  • I have to laugh, too....I'm reading thinking if it fits you or not and some of it, I'm thinking, "Hey, that's me,too!" And then I remembered I'm Sagitarius, too! Memory is not a strength of Sag, I've noticed. Or is it? I've actually borrowed my friend's book that's got all of the 366 birthdays with their astrology and numberology and element signs and all of that funky stuff. I believe in it to the degree that God has HIS hand in everything and there's a reason for everything: in numbers, stars, and names, etc - BUT! We do all have our free agency to use our understanding for self-improvement and to become closer to HIM. If you're depending on all this silly stuff to figure your life out - it's not such a wise thing to do. So to me, it's fun, silly stuff = theories, but not really applicable. Yup - the Sag is me.
    :) Sasa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home