LIFE IN YELLOW

Sunday, July 21, 2002

Good News! I spent ALL day yesterday dancing. Yellow's dance lesson went well, and the breakfast burrito he made me was yummy. He brought these special garlicy tortillas that made the whole thing just yummy! I proposed the idea of being my dance partner for a competition in November. He has a long way to go, but I also think he may just have the drive and desire to get good. We'll see.
I convinced Red to take me to his church's dance. It turned out to be just like an old fashioned fold dance. Virginia Reel and everything! My other theory is that he just doesn't think about others enough to remember to invite them to things. It's possible. But he was great while we were there. While I sat out on dances I would scope out girls who weren't getting asked much for him, so he could try to make sure to give everyone a chance to dance. I didn't get asked by anyone but him, but I'm sure that has much to do with the fact that I showed up with him, because I'm cute! Who wouldn't want to dance with me. :) Also, I don't know if there was a single boy close to my age there.
After stopping for some breadsticks and hotwings at PizzaHut (I wasn't too impressed with the food) we found my church dance by rolling down the windows and following the music through the fields. I've never been to a dance that played so much heavy metal. I mean, even if you life the stuff, how in the world do you dance to it!? But we still had a good time. Red got groovy and Yellow showed up too. Yellow IS exactly like me the male version! He was really silly, and a social butterfly, and doing crazy interperative dances all over the place. I haven't done that for a few years, but that was always me when I used to be a regular at church dances. Now, as much as I try to have fun, it's just not the same as the experience of dancing with a partner. I LOVE swing dancing!
THE END (for today)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home