LIFE IN YELLOW

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Dreams come true-

We walked to the rose garden mid-block, and changed our minds. What are we thinking! We just got married! It's time to *go to sleep*.

So we turned around and headed back.

Then I spotted it, the perfect puddle. I ran ahead of my Yellow Farmer (HUSBAND!) and splashed giddily into its heart, wedding dress and all.

Moments later I turned, and saw a freeze frame of perfection. Long knees were tucked high, arms out wide, a huge smile - and then instantly, this picture was replaced by the biggest most perfect splash I've ever dreamed of.

I melted. "You just made my dreams come true," I told him. I knew he would.

---
So you should know that I invented this story in high school. My personal chick-flick story. My friends knew it. Here it is: I'm living in Seattle. (Ok, so I'm in the Northwest, and at the time I'd never been to Portland OR Seattle, I just knew I loved rain and mountains and city and it was up there in the Northwest.) One day, I'm out enjoying the puddles, and for some reason I'm in a formal dress. Suddenly, I'd be splashed, turn around, and there he woud be - the man I would marry. It didn't matter if I knew him or not. The man who fit this story would be it.

My friends from back in the day would ask me "so, been puddle hopping lately?" as code for "seeing anyone seriously?"

What better way and better day for my dream to become reality. It was the man I would marry. I did! It's real, my own real life chick-flick. Awwww. Maybe Sandra Bullock will play me in the movie version.

4 Comments:

  • AHH! do you realize what you're doing for dreaming single women across the nation? YAY!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

  • Wow! I hadn't read this before.
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Yes, I have to write my story now!!!

    I love you. Thank you again for sharing this whole thing with me.

    By Blogger luminainfinite, at 7:16 AM  

  • hi amber,

    i've been thoroughly enjoying your blog. YAY for your love story! so romantic!

    best,

    raquel

    p.s.
    thanks for the tip on the book cover.

    By Blogger GrittyPretty, at 5:36 PM  

  • ha ha! i just figured out this post was written three years ago! well congrats on your elopement three years ago. =)

    By Blogger GrittyPretty, at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home