LIFE IN YELLOW

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Faith and Love

Relationships are a matter of faith in action which leads to knowledge. A loving healthy relationship is always the desired result. But it requires acts of faith each step of the way. Faith that if you talk to the person, they'll talk back. Faith that your compatible interests could lead to a positive partnership. Faith that if you give this person love, it will be well received. Faith that this person will deal with you honestly. It takes CONSTANT faith to maintain a good relationship.

But is the faith IN the relationship the most important thing? No! It is the tool to achieve the result.

My would-have-been relationship with Derek didn't happen because of his fear in trusting his faith when he didn't have full knowledge. He knew he liked me, and that I liked him, and that everything was great - but he was unwilling to invest when he was unsure what the future would be. He wouldn't ask me to stay because he didn't want to feel responsible if somewhere down the line things didn't work out, and he had asked me to stay. THIS is lack of faith which led directly to lack of knowledge. Knowledge in this case must follow faith. And, relationships require the faithful ACTION of BOTH parties to exist.

2 Comments:

  • My parents met three weeks before they married. No one thought it would last. My mother's sister didn't attend the wedding. My father's father told him he was crazy. They had faith that it would work, that they were the right people for each other, and it did. They've been married for 25 years now. Every other (still living) couple that attended the wedding is now divorced. My sister and I are incredibly happy they chose the course that they took. I have so much faith in the ability to *choose* to love someone, and I know it came from my own family circumstances. But, like you said, it requires faith on both sides of the relationship. I know you'll find it!

    -I.D.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 AM  

  • faith or love?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home