LIFE IN YELLOW

Monday, April 19, 2004

Should I...

Remember the list... and how I need to hang on to the "must haves" and be willing to compromise on the "I'd like him to haves" ? Well, as far as marraige goes, being LDS is a must have. So does that mean I don't even go out with boys who aren't? I mean - I really do know how easy it is to fall in love, and how hard it is to really look hard at and evaluate those "must haves."

I don't want to be too serious about everything from the get-go . . . but I also don't want to be wasting too much more time.

Also - if I do even go out with non-Mormon boys, Mormon boys who I would like to date look down on me and think I have lower standards - and that's not a good thing.

But what if I'm only here for a few more months anyway. It wouldn't be long enough to fall in love with any non-Mormons - and then it would kind of be a waste of time not to date whoever I get a chance to. Every date, and every relationship (whether its major or not) is a preparation. It teaches you how to deal with different people, and further develop your relationship skills so that when you do find one to commit your life to, you can have good experience under your belt.

And Derek will probably never get around to liking me enough anyway.

I think I'll casually ask Derek his opinion of girls who date non-members.

Or I could always just have as much fun as possible one moment at a time... But that's what I did in North Carolina, and that had disasterous consequences. But that wasn't my fault! I didn't know those boys were mentally unstable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home