LIFE IN YELLOW

Monday, April 12, 2004

Friend is a GOOD word! (Sunday Edition)

So I was wanting to talk a little bit with Not-Doc Boy, just to clarify and make sure I don't lead him on - but I never really had the chance.
So yesterday, in the middle of this potluck, he starts asking me these questions: "When was the last time you had a boyfriend? What did you think about that basketballgame? Was that moving too fast for you?" Why do you want to know? It was fun. Yes.
Moving too fast? Already? As if we've gone somewhere? Yes - clarification was needed, and oh well if other people are around and might hear. He brought it up.
So I tell him I am a slow go-er. Boyfriends are something that just happens - evolving out of certain friendships. "So you think we should be friends first? yeah, I think friends should come first. That's what my sister says too."
That doesn't mean friends can't go on dates and stuff, I make sure to clarify.
Turns out, he's never had a girlfriend... never even kissed anyone. Not one of these again! Why do *I* always end up being a first attempt at a girlfriend. What's with these guys?
Also, I found out Not-Doc Boy is 22... or was it 23. I'm in the middle of being 25. Not that it's a big age difference or anything - he just thought I was younger. They always do. Just because I don't do the make-up sophisticated lady thing. I'd like to be a kid still (with maturity I hope).

Some guy I don't know very well was asking me if Not-Doc Bay and I were together. (We *were* talking in public after all. And more than once. Oh my!) No. Not at all. Dates, yes. But I'm totally available. (Hear that Derek?)

So, as far as I'm concerned things are good here too.

-
Wanna-be lawyers' been thankfully low key. He did email me today, but I think my reply was around four words long.
-
Survival Boy gets another dance lesson Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home