LIFE IN YELLOW

Friday, April 02, 2004

I don't always throw airballs...

Nobody wanted to be social on Wednesday night...
Doctor-Boy had to leave quickly because he gave his sister a ride and whe was ready to jet right after class. He sat by me during class...
I gave survival boy another short dance lesson after class, but no dinner happened. I was ok with that.
Derek was the last to leave. I got him to proof my resume for me, as I just finished revising it for the job fair I went to yesterday. It's *possible* I'll see him Saturday. We'll see.
---
Yesterday Doctor Boy and I ran to a grocery store to get some eats before the game. Of all the choices in the deli - I chose one piece of spinich pizza. So did he. At the movie he did the same thing. I told him he didn't have to get the same thing as me, but he insisted that was what he wanted (even though he complained about the pizza being healthy?!?). I don't know if he's just strange, or if it's cultural. (He's Chineese.)

Oh, during dinner conversation I figured out his job has nothing to do with Doctor stuff. I have totally confused a conversation I had with some other Chineese guy at church, and thought it was him. I don't know how that happened - and I have NO idea who the REAL doctor boy could be. We'll have to switch to calling this one Not-Doctor boy.

So the game was fun. I think I was more into it than he was, and he was just into me - but not in a creepy way. He managed to get his arm up on the back of my chair. I never nestled into it at all, but I didn't Not let him keep it there. Blazers played straight up better, but I cheered and clapped as a 76ers fan all the same.

Walking back out to the car, he was holding his arm as if it hurt. "Are you okay?" I asked. He looked at the hand of his "hurt" arm looked at my hand, took it in his, and said, "There, now its better." It was so funny, and no one had gotten me on that one before, so I had to give in. Silly.

After the game, we pulled his basketball out from his trunk, and shot a few baskets at the church. I did MUCH better than I expected myself to be able to do after not having touched a ball in years. The more I threw, the better I got. He even complimented my form.

I gave a goodbye hug.
In short, I'm trying to be open, but the chemistry's just not happening. I wish I was interested more on that level... I have no real reason not to - but, eh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home