LIFE IN YELLOW

Monday, March 29, 2004

I think I'm too nice too people. But I can't help it. I'm just nice.

As a result, boys I'm not the slightest bit interested in... the slightly slow on the *social* intelligence side of things... get interested in me, and I have to be very very blunt in my disinterest.

For example... currently its Wanna-be-lawyer Boy. He does nothing but sit around at his parents' home all day and wait to hear back from law schools he has applied to. Oh, and he also has been sending me emails - starting last week - that go something like this:

"hey cutie. I'm bored. lol. Did you have a good weekend? Wow. You have a whole circle of friends? I don't have any friends, so I've just been sitting at my computer bored all day. Is it ok for me to talk to you? lol."

First - this doesn't sound like a high quality lawyer. My response reprimanded him for calling me cutie. I told him those sorts of names are usually reserved for when somebody has known me for a long time - and cutie is usually not a word that they come up with. I also told him he needs to work on his confidence/self esteem issues. Doesn't sound very nice, huh. But unfortunately, both my intentions and my presentation of my arguments to him ARE nice. I want him to figure out how to treat girls (like real people!). Therefore, he keeps emailing me. Five emails in the last two days.

His response to my "don't call me cutie" was "is hotstuff alright?" I wrote back and said, "I don't think you get it." I understand he's trying to be nice and flirty, but he obviously misunderstands me if he thinks "cutie" and emails full of "lol" are going to go anywhere with me.

If I thought he was cute - or if he had given me the impression in person that he was intelligent - things would probably be different. But I did say straight out that lack of self esteem is a big turn-off. Always will be. Don't like 'em cocky, but at least let them be secure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home