LIFE IN YELLOW

Monday, January 26, 2004

It Happened, I did it! WaaHooo!

So, we went out on Friday night, that was nice. I was supposed to go to his place Saturday, but it was snowing, and I started to get sick, and well.... He decided he would come over to my place. I teasingly bugged him about how many girls he's kissed, since he's only had -in his words- "pseudo girlfriend." He got really shy and couldn't answer me. It was obvious, none.

So we watched finding Nemo, but I have seen it so many times that I couldn't concentrate and just kept talking to him. He didn't seem to mind paying attention to me, and then began the tickling and the hand holding and... It began to get really late. We talked about him leaving again and again, but he just didn't get up. We cuddled, and it was fun and I could tell he was nervous and wanted to kiss me, but I just didn't want to be the one to make the move and be too forward.

So, I was walking him to the door and he noticed the story I had read to him the night before: "The Three Questions" by Muth (based on Tolestoy).

"Do you remember the three questions?" he asked.
"Of course."
"Who is the most important person, what is the most important time, and I forget the third."
"What is the right thing to do," I looked at him.
"What do you think the right thing to do is?" I blushed, and kinda looked away. But, I turned back, and he still wouldn't kiss me, though he really wanted to.

So we tried again,
"So you see, it's not a waste of time hanging out with me. I'm helping you study for your engineering test. It's Yellow Time."
(This will only be understood if I let you know we had a previous conversation about traffic lights.)
"That's right!"
"So the question is do you speed up or slow down for the yellow light." I said.
"What do you do?" He asked.
"That depends on what it is we're talking about," and he really blushed. But he still just stood there.

"You're really nervous, aren't you?" I said.
"Yes"
And before I new it I had my arms around him and was kissing him. He almost was okay, but then his lips went really tight as he was too nervous to kiss back. "I really have no idea what to do" he admitted.
"Just relax," I said. And he did right away. A real kiss, and then it was goodbye. He'd obviously never kissed before, but this was by far the most precious first kiss I've ever been a part of - even if he was so tight lipped and nervous. It makes a great story.

After church I went to his place for dinner, and he was still adorably nervous. I finally got real compliments out of him, and there it was. Both of us have never moved this fast before. Both of us like eachother. I was even good and kept silent when his parents called while I was there. I'm sure he isn't ready to be teased by them yet. But I hooked him! That was easier than I thought.

Now to just unhook the other guys that are calling me and hitting on me, etc. Derek would be to nervous to say anything to them I'm sure. :) I even told my parents about him. I'm scaring myself.

I really need to call Idaho White tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home